Read what the govt has decided for class X students who failed twice
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Thursday that the Delhi government will open centres to teach students who have failed twice or more in Class X. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
He said that this step would make sure that these students would not be out of school and have a future.
The centres would follow NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) syllabus. This will reduce the load on students. Also, the curriculum is simple as compared to CBSE. These centres would be opened in government schools. It would be made sure that students do not have to travel long distances.
“Last year, students who failed twice were taught through CBSE’s correspondence, as it was easier for the students than the regular system,” he said.
“They were taught in schools, just like regular students and also given books and uniform like other students,” he added. “There were 62,000 such students, but only 2,000-2,500 of them passed this year’s examination and about around 5,000 passed in the compartment examination.”
This year 55,000 failed twice in CBSE and once in correspondence. A loan of Rs 10 lakh will also be given to students who pass out from Delhi schools.