Katrina Kaif, one of the most popular, gorgeous, and ravishing actresses of Bollywood, turns 34 today. She was born in Hong Kong, raised in London and it was ‘Aamchi Mumbai’ where she marked herself as a successful actress and attracted a global fan following. Katrina’s career graph in Bollywood has seen crests and troughs. Being an outsider who fumbled in speaking Hindi, it is only her hard-work, determination, perseverance and resilience that has borne the fruit of success and won her applause from the audience, filmmakers and critics alike.
Katrina didn’t have the advantage of hailing from a celebrity family or a taste of stardom prior to landing in India. Yet she didn’t let any of these stymie her prospects as a top Bollywood actress.
1) Katrina has the spunk and the ebullience in her that is indispensable for being a good actress.
2) Her radiant beauty, charisma and drop-dead gorgeous appeal send flutters in the hearts of her fans.
3) From her Bollywood debut in the nondescript and sleazy movie ‘Boom’, which crashed at the box office, to box office hits like Namastey London and Dhoom 3, Katrina has walked a long way, improvised her acting and has never looked back since then.
4) Katrina knows that there are no shortcuts in show business. She learned Hindi pronunciation and never looked for an underhand alternative to hard-work.
5) She has the drive, the vigor and the immense passion for succeeding, and above all a belief in herself because of which she left the ramps of fashion shows in Europe and came to a new country as a struggler to try her fortunes.
6) Katrina is multifaceted and has worked in many different types of films, including the serious, thriller, romantic, comical and hilarious. From political dramas like New York and Rajneeti to humor filled love stories – Ek Tha Tiger and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan.
7) Katrina is an exceptional dancer. Her dancing moves and flexibility are par excellence and can only be achieved after years of practice and following a grueling fitness regimen. Most of her dance numbers have been bumper hits.
8) Katrina has a copious amount of glamor quotient and oomph factor.
9) Katrina has worked with a lot of top filmmakers and directors, and after initial setbacks and series of flops, she chose her roles with a lot of caution.
10) All of her co-stars have praised her humor, her discipline, and thorough professionalism.