Class 8 student poisoned by friend for securing good marks
In a recent report by the police, a class 8 student allegedly poisoned her classmate by mixing mosquito repellent in her water bottle on Monday apparently envious of her for securing higher marks in exams. Fearing police inquiry into the incident, the accused girl allegedly tried to commit suicide.
When the victim later drank water from her bottle, she complained of uneasiness and started vomiting. Police informed that the girl was later taken to a hospital where she is undergoing treatment and is reported to be stable.
Both the girls, aged around 13-14 study in same class. The victim when drank the water suspected the smell of water like mosquito repellent. Her parents were also informed when she began to feel uneasy.
In the CCTV footage of the classroom, it can be seen clearly that the accused girl was pouring the mosquito repellent into her classmate’s water bottle and then hiding it inside the bag of another student.
However, the victim told the police that she suspects that what her classmate did was because she secured more marks than her in exams.
Meanwhile, the accused allegedly tried to end her life by consuming mosquito repellent at her house in the city yesterday who is currently admitted to the hospital.