Watching a good movie at a cinema hall is one of the best ways to relax and take a respite from the monotony and drudgery of our hectic lives. Apart from entertainment and refreshment, good cinema is also a popular way to get to know stories, tales and shared experiences of people – even if fictionalized it retains the essence of reality. Fiction and reality converge in a strange manner. Cinema makes us laugh, it makes us cry, it takes us on a nostalgic trip.
A picture speaks a thousand words, and visuals undoubtedly speak even more. The genre of movies we select depends on our taste, inclinations, personality and sometimes also on the insistence of the person who is accompanying us to the hall.
Watching a nice movie with girlfriend, friends, and family is fun. But solo movie watching can enhance the movie watching is a different experience altogether.
1. The simplest reason is that you will be more focused on the movie and will ponder more on the script because there won’t be your friend to gossip in the theater.
2. Because you don’t need friends to watch movies.
3. Alone you will be able to find holes and inconsistencies in the movie plot more swiftly. This one is for the cinema buff with a detective’s knack!
4) You won’t have to compromise on the genre or won’t have to bear a boring movie. What happens is: in groups, different people want to watch different movies, but they all settle for one. There must be few who only decide to go more for accompanying their friends and less for the movie.
5) In the case of horror movies, you will watch silently and chances are that after the show ends, you will feel a slight horror buzz or goosebumps because you will be alone.
6) Slowly a discretionary taste of good movies will be developed and your foremost concern will be the movie, the theme, the actor, and not who will go along with you.
7) We think more deeply when we are alone and silent, even amidst noise nearby. Compare a movie to a visual novel, an animated art of storytelling.
8) You can watch you crush with all the admiration in the world.
9) If the movie is a biopic or an inspirational one, you will be filled with inspiration and take a positive message. You will think about your own life and will try to think about the qualities of the protagonist, instead of missing the fine contemplation in mid-movie banter with friends.
10) Instead of thronging to the cinema hall, as a mechanized ritual, just for time pass and entertainment, you will look for something more fulfilling than that. More meaningful intricacies. No wonder movie reviewers and critics prefer watching alone.
11) Aaaand, you won’t have to share the tub of your favorite butter or cheese popcorn with anyone. 😁
Aren’t these reasons enough to give solo movie watching a try, at least once?