Friends is not just a TV show that ruled, rules and will rule fans’ hearts. It is a sentiment and an integral part of life for all the die-hard fans that cannot live without watching some of the episodes regularly. Just like that, Thanksgiving dinner every year at Monica’s place is an integral part of the show that every time had some crazy twist and laughter trains to have us jumping on our feet. We are not going to rate them on any scale because nothing is ever bad in Friends. Mind it! We are just reminding the sweet, sour and the insane moments that took place on Thanksgiving day right from Season 1 to 10.
S1 – The One Where Underdog Gets Away: Although, on each Thanksgiving, they all ended up celebrating it together, this one was special because everyone has unusual and unprecedented problems. Ross and Monica’s parents went off to Puerto Rico, Joey apparently got VD (The clinical poster guy), Phoebe and her weird grandma problems, Chandler’s horrible childhood memories and Rachel missed her flight to Vail because they all got locked out of the house – you can never guess whose mistake it actually was :P. But it was the “Ugly Naked Guy” who made them realize the importance of having someone by your side and they happily toasted for a sucking Thanksgiving and a crappy New Year.
2. S2 – The One With The List: The first thing that you remind hearing Ross & Rachel? Oh the obvious – “WE WERE ON A BREAK”. This episode had a very little about the festival except for Monica’s bizarre mockolate dishes but was high on drama, courtesy the controversial list that Ross made with a help of the evils Joey and Chandler to choose between Rachel and Julie. The fight and persuasion that follows were quite enjoyable.
3. S3 – The One With The Football: You have barely seen them other than their own apartments and Central Perk. But the third season’s Thanksgiving episode got them out on a playground playing a baseball match together. The background story of Geller Cup Tournament is just hilarious. After a fierce battle (mainly between the Gellers) and Joey & Chandler’s fight over a hot Dutch girl, they celebrate it together with whatever they can prepare because Ross & Monica refused to leave the playground all day and maybe all night.
4. S4 – The One With Chandler In A Box: This one is unforgettable. Chandler sunk in guilt for cheating on Joey by kissing Cathy – Joey’s current girlfriend. Remember how guilty he felt and did all he could do? Meanwhile, Monica ended up with Richard’s son who is also an eye doctor and had him over for dinner. Things continued to be tense till Joey set Chandler free to reunite with Cathy.
5. S5 – The One With All The Thanksgiving: This one started with when everybody is full till throat after having the delicious Thanksgiving dinner Monica prepared. They settled for reminding the worst Thanksgiving they ever had. Chandler who claimed his parents’ divorce to be the worst memory all his life got a shock when Phoebe told her story – helping patients after a world war :P. Joey once got a turkey stuck on his head. But the title of the worst is surely won by the one Monica chopping off Chandler’s toe, accidentally.
6. S6 – The One Where Ross Got High: This is the same one in which Rachel made the dessert which eventually tasted like feet because she added the strangest ingredients like beef and onion. The Geller parents were visiting and they apparently hate Chandler because in childhood they caught him smoking pot who was Ross in reality.
7. S7 – The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs: The night after Chandler and Monica got engaged in a mellow romantic setup, everybody was in a mood of celebration. It’s the same episode when Joey was like “Whack”. Monica is just about to explode with happiness and excitement but she got a hitting shock seeing Ross & Rachel kiss. Because she was afraid that they will steal the thunder of her special night.
8. S8 – The One With The Rumor: By this season, the kids grew up and it was a time of weddings, engagements, and kids. This season, there was a special appearance of Jennifer Aniston’s then love Brad Pitt. Unlike their real lives, Will (Brad) hated Rachel to the core and Joey claimed to have an entire turkey. And he did finish it with a help of Rachel’s maternity pants.
9. S9 – The One With Rachel’s Other Sister: This one had a cute touch to it because it was Emma’s first. Besides, it was Amy’s (Rachel’s insane sister). Amy who can never anything straight just brought a storm into the Thanksgiving and the funniest joke came along when Rachel says “I went to the zoo yesterday and now I am a koala bear.” to Amy as she thinks she is a professional decorator after decorating her dad’s office.
10. S10 – The One With The Late Thanksgiving: Sadly the last, it was an end of an era. But as the name tells itself, everyone gets late for the big dinner in which Monica is competing with herself to do better than last year, for one or the other reason. This infuriates Monica and she locks everyone out of the house. After a long talk with a door in-between, everyone just calms down hearing the good news of an adoption agency selecting Monica & Chandler for adoption finally.